Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dessert Heaven

For those of you that know me, you know my middle name is “Dessert Aficionada.” From cakes to candies, cookies to chocolates, you name it, I love it. But the quickest way to my heart is a bowl of Ice Cream – any flavor, preferably cookie dough, will do.
I’m glad to report that I feel right at home with the various bakeries strategically located in the streets and alleyways of Sevilla.  Step into any one, and you’ll be greeted by countless breads, tarts, pies, doughnuts and other Spanish delicacies. Made with simple ingredients (fruits, nuts and grains), the Sevillanos have a great talent for presenting their treats in the most exquisite manner.  I literally gawk at the desserts for a good five minutes – drooling with mouth wide open – before I select my indulgence for the day.  If it were up to me, I’d order one of everything, EVERYDAY...unfortunately, that would mean giving up a trip to Florence or Prague.
My roommate and I ventured out for a late afternoon walk today with the intention of shopping for a few necessities; though in all actuality, we both were in search for one of the many locations our abuelo (grandfather) described to have the best churros in town. After wandering for what seemed like a good 45 minutes, we stumbled into Gran Plaza 19. There, on the wall, was a big sign that said: Churros y Chocolate. JACKPOT! Our excitement gave off the “Americanos Locos” vibe as the waiter annoyingly traded a plate of churros for our Euros.
We quickly found a seat outside of the café and…well you can see what happened next. We inhaled those churros in about 120 seconds, max. SO DELISH!




I sense many more gastronomy-related blog entries, as I start traveling to different parts of Spain and Europe. Plans are currently underway to book plane, train and bus tickets for locations outside of Sevilla. I’ll keep you posted! 

1 comment:

  1. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO PRAGUE. that's near me!! can i come?!

    ReplyDelete